Thursday, May 7, 2009

Welcome to the family Beckham....and the drama

Beckham Smith LaTour is here! I have decided I need to document what happened during this time...so I can never forget (although I really don't think I will)! We had a scheduled c-section planned for May 5th! About 3 weeks before this I was told that I was already dilated to a 3. Then 2 weeks before I was dilated to a 4 and 90% effaced. So I walked around at a 4 for a WEEK! What a long week. On Friday morning around 12:30 a.m. I called the hospital and told them that I felt minor contractions and some pressure. They told me to come in and get checked. Because I had a c-section with Bradley they told me that they did not want me to labor long at home and since I was a 4 I better get to the hospital just so they can make sure everything is alright. After telling Dennis I was going to go to the hospital he got up and said let's go- I told him that I didn't want to wake up the kids or my mom and dad- I was positive they were going to send me back home in an hour. He thought I was CRAZY, but I insisted. After being at the hospital for an hour they told me to walk around for another hour and see if my contractions got stronger. So at 1:30 in the morning I walked around St. Marks all by myself - when I got back to my room- I was already at a 6 and 100% effaced. They told me to call Dennis and get him to the hospital. So around 3:00 I called him and he took the kids to my parents and came to the hospital (he of course had to have the last word and said...see I told you I needed to come with you). Once I got the epidural the contractions slowed down and my water wouldn't break on it's own. So the Dr ended up breaking my water and one hour later Beckham arrived. The birth went really well and I felt great afterwards. We had fun bonding with Beckham and loved it when Cole and Bradley came to see him at the hospital. I ended up getting home on Sunday morning- which was after a Saturday night call from Dennis telling me that Cole had a fever of 100 and wasn't doing well. Sunday was even worse- he got up to 103 and had to go to Primary Children's Hospital. Dennis' parents were coming to visit and arrived Saturday night- we are glad that they came to help for two weeks! We needed it! After deciding that Cole's sickness was a virus that turns into croup he came home. After my first night at home with the new baby I woke up and saw that Cole was even worse. I was so stressed out about the baby getting sick- I went right to my parents (until that Friday)! Cole went to the Dr again and got some steroids for his asthma. With Cole still sick (and with 2 more doctor visits and one more visit to a hospital for chest x-rays) we found out it was a viral pneumonia. Whew- is that enough? We thought it was! This was only to be followed by Bradley getting sick, Dennis throwing out his back, and then I of course got a bladder infection along with a kidney stone! Now it has been three weeks and we are all better and healthy! Beckham has been wonderful. What a great addition to our family. I LOVE having three sons- I adore them all and now that we are all better I can't wait to have fun with my family of boys!

3 comments:

wylie said...

NO WAY! I didn't know you had all that going on ? Are you sure you are all back to normal and healthy? You pour souls!

Amy LaTour said...

Good Lord girl. What an ordeal. Glad you are all back to normal and enjoying that sweet little boy!

andreaKphotography said...

Man I am so glad all that is over for you!! I hope to snuggle that baby again REAL soon! :)

background

.