Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's A Boy!




Wow! It is ANOTHER boy! That makes 3 for us! We finally found something we are good at.... While we were hoping for a little girl to bless our house (and hopefully calm it down a little bit) we got a surprise and have a boy on the way in May! While the sadness lasted for about an hour (ok 8) I had quite a few wonderful people (Karen, Kim, Teresa, Sara, Marianne, etc) give me some great words of wisdom that completely lifted me up and I can't tell you how excited we are for this little boy! What a blessing! We have already started planning all the fun stuff we get to do with this little boy and Cole and Bradley are excited that they have someone else to play ball, Ninja Turtles, Pirates, trains, etc with. I was so nervous to have another baby- so much anxiety for the past 4 months, but since finding out this was a boy all that went away and I feel complete calmness and peace...so for me I think it truly is a blessing! I guess I just needed the comfort in knowing what I was doing! I know what a blessing it is to have a healthy baby boy on the way- I am so grateful! While this pregnancy has already given me some grief we are hoping that this little boy will be our "ZEN" baby and bring calmness into the house (is that possible with 3 boys)?! I also just need to say that I have the MOST amazing husband...hopefully I am lucky and my boys will turn out just like him. He is so fantastic! He is my best friend and I can turn to him for anything. I can't imagine a life without him..he makes me smile daily and we laugh all the time! Cole and Bradley adore him...when he leaves for work they run to hug and kiss him and watch him as he drives away. As soon as they hear the garage open at night they run to him again! They often want to call him at work and tell him about their day! It is so cute. Life is good....a great family and another baby boy on the way...what more could I ask for...a life spent with boys...which makes me the princess..right? Just how it should be! :)

8 comments:

andreaKphotography said...

Em- That is such an awesome entry! I am so happy for you. Your family is so beautiful and another boy will make it that much better. Can't wait to meet and snuggle the little guy! You know me...I love the tinys :)

brees said...

We are so excited for you. You are such a great mom, there is a reason that you are blessed to be the mother of these amazing boys!! I am so proud of you. You are a great example to me, I can't wait to meet the little guy. Sending healthy vaby vibes your way~~~~

Amy LaTour said...

Congratulations Emily. I know you were hoping for a girl and so were we, but I know that another boy will be great as well! Forget being the princess and embrace being the queen of the house!

Jenny said...

I am so excited for you. I was looking at you at church yesterday thinking you don't even look pregnant at all. You look great! Boys are wonderful. I have so much fun with mine and I know you do too. It would be nice to buy something pink every now and then and think of how fun it would be to make a girl scrapbook page but I wouldn't trade them for anything! Congratulations.

Aimee said...

Congratulations! I didn't even know you were expecting until a week ago. Yay!!

Mindi said...

Welcome to the club! Boys are awesome. So glad to hear all is well. Now will you please start to show a little? You're making us all look bad!

Wendy said...

Emily! I know how it feels to have anxiety for your third. I just have to tell you how amazing my 3rd little one has been for me. I hope this little guy brings you all the same joy to your life. She is such a joy in my crazy life! I so wanted her to be a boy. We just don't always get what we want, but the moment we meet them gender seems so insignificant. We instantly know they were meant to be part of our family and we can't imagine life without them.

I'm so excited for you!

Cheryl said...

I am very excited for you and YES you are the princess! A house full a boys -- what more could a mother ask for! Can't wait to meet him!

background

.