Dennis and I decided to be brave and host our very FIRST Thanksgiving in our home this year. Ok- so we only invited my parents and Dennis' brother, but it still meant I had to set a table and cook the food! My mother came over first thing in the morning and we started the turkey's (yes plural...two of them). This would be our FIRST turkey WE have ever cooked, so we were a little nervous about it. We started one turkey in the oven and the other in a Hamilton Beach Broiler (or something like that). We seasoned them and hoped they would come out tasting good for everyone to eat. Much to our surprise they BOTH came out fantastic. We also made sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, crock-pot stuffing, and salad. We bought some yummy rolls and my dad came and made the potatoes and gravy (thank goodness)! The boys were very excited all day. They couldn't wait until the food was ready (and when it was, they took two bites and they were done)! After dinner it was off to the Old Dogs movie. So after hosting our FIRST Thanksgiving and cooking our FIRST turkey, our little baby boy rolled over for the FIRST time (I know this is a little late, but he does have quite a lot of body to roll)! Whew were we all tired!


6 years ago
5 comments:
Em, I'm not sure why you're not to my friend list yet on my blog. I have been so busy with working and the kids. I love your darling story about thanksgiving! You have the cutest boys.I don't get to blog as often so when I do I do a lot. Love ya!
The first is always the hardest. Now next year you will be the pro! Your turkeys sound yummy! Any leftovers I can try ;) ?
Shane said from now on I have to make a turkey every year even thought we don't have it at our house so he can have leftovers...haha. I will have to get some tips from you :)
So much fun! Great job on your first meal and how fun for Beckham to roll over! What a cutie.
Nice job doing two turkeys!! I'm so glad they turned out good. Sounds like you did a lot of great dishes. I'd love to know how you do crockpot stuffing. Sounds like it could be a time saver.
Post a Comment